Come join us for an hour of yoga exploration!
Registered yoga instructor, Evelyn Wittman teaches this interdisciplinary class integrating classical hatha yoga poses, traditional yogic ideals, creativity, and lots of fun to help your child enjoy a healthy, balanced life. Playful yoga poses, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques are enhanced with music, beautiful books, songs, and games to create this unique mind-body experience.
Students are exposed to some of the cultural aspects of Yoga including pose names in ancient Sanskrit, aroma therapy, background music produced for yoga classes, and a chime that begins and ends each class. Students may choose if they would like to receive a temple massage at the end of class and if they would like to repeat a Sanskrit phrase wishing the world peace and happiness. If you would like more information regarding these cultural components before signing up for this class, please contact Evelyn Wittman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the benefits of practicing this ancient art?
- Fit, flexible, healthy bodies
- Improved concentration, focus
- Improved balance and body awareness
- Heightened self-esteem and confidence
- Healthy, soaring imaginations
- Relaxed, peaceful minds and bodies
- Nutrition, body/mind connection, and environmental awareness
- Peer and social interaction skills
- Tolerance of others and self-reflection abilities
- Lots of fun and laughter
Basic Registration Information:
Start Date October 5, 2010
Time Tuesdays from 10am-11am
Bring Yoga mat (inexpensive ones can be purchased at Target or Walmart)
Course fee $30/month
Instructor Evelyn Wittman, R.Y.T.